What Is Black Mold?
Black mold is impossible to identify from just a glance. In color, it can be greenish-black, but it can also appear gray. Yet black mold isn’t the only type of mold with this coloring. To determine if it really is black mold, a sample must be collected and examined in a lab. The testing is very expensive, so it’s well worth it to call in a professional who can carefully remove it. Whether it’s black mold or another type of mold, it must be removed for sanitary reasons, as all molds can pose a health risk. If you detect mold of any color or texture, give us a call today, and we will be on our way to help you!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Laurel and Greenbelt NE Beltsville E immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (301) 323-8862
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Laurel and Greenbelt NE Beltsville E is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- South Laurel
- West Laurel
- Glenn Dale